IT Systems are looking for graduate IT Engineers to join our existing team. Positions are for level 1 engineers and are based in our offices in the picturesque village of Killaloe in Clare. Some travelling to client locations is involved and you will be provided with a company vehicle as part of your package (full driving license is required).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: €30,000 – €35,000 per year – depending on qualifications and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities will be determined based on your experience and abilities and will include the following.
- Dealing with and troubleshooting customer issues and problems that may be assigned to you to determine and implement the best solution in a professional and timely manner to ensure a quality service for clients.
- Working and briefing your colleagues on your work and escalating issues if you are unable to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Communicating with your support team leader and other members of the management team to provide feedback from clients and ensure that a big picture view of clients’ systems is maintained.
- Attend regular briefing and project meetings.
- Ensuring that all interactions and activities with clients are entered into the company’s CRM system and that all technical notes are up to date and issues are categorised according to the company’s policies
- Installing and commissioning devices, computers, servers, and software.
- Assist with projects and implementation.
- Troubleshooting network and internet connectivity and performance problems.
- Monitoring client’s systems to ensure backups and updates are running as expected and dealing with any issues that arise
- Following up with clients to keep them updated on progress and ensure that all issues are closed off to the client’s satisfaction and keeping client case notes updated.
- Onsite visits to client’s sites to deal with emergencies or planned visits for ongoing support, installations, and project work.
- Understanding best practice methodologies by regularly updating your knowledge with white papers and company practice and SOP’s
- Researching and assisting with the rollout of new technologies.
- Growing the body of knowledge within the organisation and updating and improving SOP’s and methodologies.
Engineer must have.
- Experience with and a rich understanding of IP based networks
- Experience with and a rich understanding of Microsoft Servers and Virtualised environments using Hyper-V and Azure Cloud Services.
- Ability to understand complex systems, particular IP networks and the interplay between devices, operating systems and the network at Layer 3 and Layer 2 of the OSI model to facilitate the diagnosing and remediation of problems.
- Third level degree in an ICT related discipline
- Microsoft Certified Professional or higher qualifications
- Experience supporting Microsoft Desktop operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure at an admin level.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prepared to continually upskill and add skills and certifications
- Adaptable with the ability to learn quickly.
- Must have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Must be detail focused
Applicants should submit their current CV and an outline of why they feel they are suitable for one of these positions, including details of their experience and the qualifications they hold as well as any relevant interests below: